Devro is a FTSE listed company and a global leader in the supply of collagen casings and films, used in a wide variety of sausages and other meat products. Our operational reach is international with manufacturing facilities in Scotland, USA, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Australia and China. We employ over 2,000 people worldwide whose skills and knowledge range from chemical and electrical engineering to food technology, manufacturing and everything in-between.
About the role:
To help us achieve our growth potential, we are looking to recruit a highly knowledgeable and experienced Category Manager. Devro is a B2B food ingredient manufacturing business with three primary categories broken down by product application; Fresh, Processed and Collagen Extrusion casings. The primary function of the role is to develop and implement strategies and roadmaps for one of these categories, ultimately increasing category revenue and profit.
A selection of key duties and responsibilities include:
• Support Sales in building robust and long term customer relationships based on insight and expertise, translating this into strategies for customers that enhance performance.
• Identify and pursue new significant opportunities in the categories in close collaboration with Sales.
• Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders on Category product development and management, leading category management projects to a successful delivery and optimised product ranges.
• Understand and act upon all significant market developments in categories globally.
• Plan Category ranges, pricing and promotion across customer channels and customer segments.
• Analyse data or industry insights to determine industry and consumer trends.
• Ensure new product launches meet customer needs as well as their demand plans and expectations.
To get the right person, we are prepared to be flexible with location and would accept home working, with significant amount of travel. The role is being offered on a twelve month fixed term contract as a result of our need to provide cover during maternity leave and will report to the Group Business Development Director.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you have significant experience in a similar commercial role as outlined above. Ideally this experience will be from another B2B food manufacturing business where you have used your commercial skills and abilities to increase revenue and profit. That said, we are open to those with a strong FMCG or other retail background, where you have contributed to strategy, sales and marketing. You should be degree qualified in a relevant field, which would ideally be complimented by an MBA or professional qualification such as CIM.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to build strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally, across a range of different seniorities. That said you should have the strength of character to challenge the status quo and demonstrate initiative in identifying pragmatic solutions to issues. This should also include the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate as required.
You will be able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously; therefore you will be someone that is highly organised, with good time management skills. Due to the nature of the role you will be expected to be flexible with your time and standard duties and will require you to spend 1-2 weeks per month traveling and away from home. A full driver’s licence is required.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you. Please click the 'apply' button below with a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter explaining the four or five key things that you could bring to the role.
You will have all of the support and guidance you need to thrive, yet you will have the opportunity to put your own mark on things. On top of a competitive salary, we offer an attractive benefits package and have a track record of recognising talent and providing opportunities for development