Business Development Manager
An exciting B2B Sales role with the global market leader. Make it all Mean More at Mars.
This is a great Business Development Manager role, which reports to our Regional Sales Manager and offers exposure to numerous functions of the Mars Drinks business.
Your key aim will be to gain new business, growing our total customer base and increasing overall drinks throughputs across your territory. You’ll bring real passion to driving new customer acquisition, generating machine extension opportunities and increasing drinks consumption. Creating, cultivating and delivering new business prospects, you’ll prioritise your daily tasks, plan your week and manage your own customers.
In addition to increasing drinks MAT and NSV year on year through effective new client acquisition, key accountabilities as Business Development Manager include:
- Maintaining, repeating and developing current customer relationships.
- Targeted cold calling and tele-appointing.
- Networking through strategic partnership agreements.
- Maximising client relationships and gaining referral/recommendation opportunities.
- Gaining maximum profitability from our investment in Free On Loan Machine assets.
- Lead sharing activity with key vending allies (Mars Snack, Coca-Cola, Nestle etc).
- Maximise Inbound and internal Telemarketing leads to ensure target conversion levels are met
- Developing and Managing a varied pipeline of Prospect and Customer contract negotiations to include: New Business contract opportunities, Short term (inbound) conversion opportunities, Prospect product trials.
Ideally educated to A level, with a full, clean UK driving licence and living on your territory, you already have a proven, successful track record in field-based, B2B new business acquisition. Able to get to grips quickly with your territory and pipeline, and to build product and route-to-market knowledge, you relish the challenge of a steep learning curve. An excellent all-round communicator with first-class negotiating skills and powers of persuasion, you also have real customer focus and the ability to develop robust and collaborative relationships.
As Business Development Manager you can also offer a strong drive for results, good planning and priority-setting skills and ideally, some sector knowledge/experience.
Mars Drinks is part of Mars Incorporated and, for more than 40 years, we’ve been dedicated to providing innovative drinks solutions to the workplace as well as a wide variety of drinks which, together, create great tasting moments. Our impressive brands include KLIX, FLAVIA, ALTERRA and the THE BRIGHT TEA CO. This is a great opportunity with one of the world’s great consumer businesses.
So, if we’ve just described you and your aspirations, to open up a dialogue and to apply for the Business Development Manager click on the APPLY button below. Our application process is not mobile friendly so needs to be completed on a laptop/desktop.