Process Development Technologist
2 days left
- Contract Type
Process Development Technologist
Do you have experience in a food manufacturing/production environment? Have you considered a career within product development? Want to try something new?
We are currently recruiting for our Process Development team, you don't need to have experienced this role before as long as you've worked in a manufacturing environment and have a good understanding of processes and procedures, we'll give you full training and there's lots of development on offer!
This is an exciting position which provides a key link between our Operations and New Product Development. The role would be working with some of our largest retailer customer accounts and therefore gives you excellent exposure to ways of working as well as hands on experience with industry leading technical and food safety standards.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to deliver against all stages of the product development process through effective ownership of each department's stage. You will work closely with the new product development team as well as engaging with stakeholders across each department in the business to successfully launch projects from concept to completion.
Here's a bit more detail:-
- Project manages Concept Delivery through scale up factory validation and cross functional project organisation
- Plan, lead and execute factory development trials to ensure products are manufactured consistently and are reproducible.
- Responsible for documenting and communicating changes to product formulations and processing parameters during the trialling phase.
- To maintain accurate records of all process trials and formulations
- Attend Customer Development meetings and be a key contact during concept delivery to ensure a collaborative and transparent transition from product concept to final product.
You're a confident communicator with the ability to engage and influence across all departments. You will need to be tenacious with a strong mindset and ability to work to tight deadlines and to work under pressure. Our ideal candidate will be able to work with pace but maintain attention to detail. We will also encourage you to bring forth your own ideas for practical solutions to problems and efficiency improvement.
If you have the following knowledge and experience, we want to talk to you:-
- Experience within a manufacturing/ food production environment Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A passion and enthusiasm for the food industry and our products
- Customer focused
These would be a bonus too:
- HACCP/Food Hygiene/Food Safety Training
- Experience with retailers and their processes
- Lean or Six Sigma training
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:-
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension 25 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
About the office location
Commuting here is a breeze! All three sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
What to do next...
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the 'apply' button today and our expert internal recruitment team will be in touch!
If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, join us. You'll not only find this a brilliant place to work but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
We always love to hear from great people too, so don't forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We're also proud to say we're an equal opportunities employer.