Senior Business Development Manager
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help FMCG, healthcare, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest collection of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI guides its clients around the world in their quests to remain relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market leading growth.
Our UK Head Office is based in Arlington Square, Bracknell. This is just a short drive from the M4 and a 10-15 minute walk from Bracknell Train Station.
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Overview of the role:
The UK Business Development team are responsible for driving company growth through two streams: winning new business from our competitors and from people not yet purchasing data. IRI is in a unique position in the UK having without doubt the best breadth and depth of coverage, superior analytics capability and technology solutions that are already well established in many of our competitors businesses.
The person that we are looking for will have the objective to drive a key new business campaign. With our fantastic new solutions and game changing software platform we have tools that our competitors cannot provide. Coupled with the fantastic relationships that we have with core retailers we are confident that we can be successful in this quest.
We are looking for someone with a strong insight and business development heritage either within an agency, a manufacturer or retailer. We want the person that heads up this campaign to be able to engage with the manufacturers over the key issues that they are facing.
Once a client is won you will liaise with the Transition Manager to ensure that they are on boarded comfortably and efficiently, getting the best start to their relationship with IRI.
Main role responsibilities:
- Build a strong base of relationships so that IRI is first in mind
- Ensure that meetings are secured and consultative selling techniques are used to unearth key business needs.
- Create packages that provide value to all parties ensuring competent P&L’s are built and maintained.
- Build strong relationships with all levels of client personnel and developing a good detailed understanding of client organisations and their strategies and objectives. This includes understanding key stakeholders.
- Construct and implement plans in conjunction with the IRI UK Business Development Director Support on European and Global pitches if applicable Ensure that contracts and all documents are recorded accurately
- Work with the transition manager (where applicable) to ensure that new clients are on boarded smoothly and efficiently
Skills and Experience required:
- Well presented, clearly spoken and be able to command presence with gravitas
- Confident, team player, determined self-starter showing plenty of initiative with an ability to work independently
- Highly organised and able to juggle multiple engagements and pitches
- Knowledge of the FMCG sector including the core functions within a manufacturing business
- Strong planning, organising and presentation skills
- Passionate about Marketing and FMCG with a sales focused attitude.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with an inquisitive nature is essential
- Strong commercial experience with a track record of creating and developing new business including experience of P&L’s
- A natural people person who can win hearts and minds at both prospects and internally.
- A determination to hit an individual sales target while also being a team player and potentially managing junior members of the team.
WHAT WORKING FOR IRI CAN DO FOR YOU
Long-term career development in a market-leading organisation. Competitive salary and impressive benefit package to match. The opportunity to work with exciting, big-name clients. Working in an international company with opportunities across all UK departments and globally. Bespoke training to suit your individual needs and development. Friendly working environment with regular social events planned by our internal social committee through-out the year.