National Account Manager
The role of an Account Manager is an extremely important function within the Sales team, focusing on the development of our client, client base by working on key multiples, mid market and discounters. Playing an integral part of the accounts management team, core skills such as drive, enthusiasm and the desire to succeed are a necessity to your
Our client are a manufacturers of clothing for all ages and produce generic and Branded for major retailers, including George and Marks and Spencer, and sell their products all over the world.
- The ability to conduct and hold sales meetings, utilising core competencies such as open and close questioning techniques, objection handling as well as being able to match features and benefits of the product to meet the customers objectives.
- Negotiation skills, encompassing the ability to create opportinuties and close deals.
- Previous experience of working and negotiating with the Far East.
- An strong understanding and management of critical path management.
- A creative and commercial product aptitude.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with both new and existing clients, ensuring that work is executed in adherence to contracts.
- Ensure you are seen as the main point of contact for customers to offer knowledge and expertise within your field.
- Ensure you have a full understanding and knowledge of your client base; what their profile is, what they like, what they dislike.
- Have a commercial approach to Range building of bespoke product and be able to work closely with design teams and buyers to create seasonal and all year round ranges.
- Generate high level of client satisfaction through timely responsiveness to client needs, good service on day-to-day deliveries, plus prompt and reliable follow-up to client requests and complaints.
- Assist clients to ensure they remain within budget and to deadlines.
- Negotiate contracts to gain maximum benefit for the company.
- Maintain a familiarity of key competitors, their products and their price ranges.
- Create reports to highlight account turnover, and the margins of profit and loss.
- A flexible approach to work to ensure that the needs of the business are met.
- Sound commercial sense in all decisions and business dealings.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills, with the ability to create strong working relationships.
- Confident in mannerisms when dealing with customers, with exceptional customer service skills.
- Competent in solving problems at all levels.
- The ability to manage and work well with a small dedicated team.
- Time management and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Competative salary
- Great Career progression