National Account Manager- (High Street Value)
2 days left
- Contract Type
Who We Are:
Would like to work for one of the Top 10 Brands in the UK?
YouGov BrandIndex’s top UK brands in 2016!
We’re a unique Yorkshire family business and are one of the country’s most respected tea and coffee merchants. Taylors blends Yorkshire Tea as well as Taylors market leading roast and ground coffees, and a range of speciality teas; the Yorkshire Tea brand itself has doubled in size over the last 10 years and is en-route to be the number 2 Tea Brand in the UK.
This continuing growth has enabled us to strengthen our senior marketing & sales teams with incremental external talent from a variety of blue chip branded organisations. The Group is heavily values driven with high levels of staff engagement and retention which means we are fortunate to have a large number of long serving employees. Our business is guided by a set of principles which we call:
The Six Ps – Prosperity, People, Planet, Product, Passion and Process. Quite simply these principles underpin everything we do.
Successful & Sustainable growth means that we are now seeking to appoint a National Account Manager-
Are you ready to be part of the story?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the sales team for a National Account Manager, reporting to the Convenience, HSV & OOH Channel Controller. Working closely with a variety of Discounter Customers and Symbol Customers you will be responsible for developing the brands in line with the overall sales and channel strategies within this highly competitive channel.
Customer Base & Core Responsibilities:-
- B&M, Home Bargains, Farm Foods, Iceland, Poundstretcher, Poundworld, Poundland, Heron, Fultons, Wilkinson, Bargain Booze, Costco, Nisa & Spar.
- Working closely with a variety of Customers at a Head Office, Member and Retail Club level you will be responsible for developing the brands in this highly competitive channel.
- Developing Customer plans that align to brand and channel strategies, whilst meeting the needs of the customers
- Identify new opportunities for value creation for Taylors- within existing and new categories and new drinking occasions, Through new brands / new channels & Through innovation and challenging current practice
- Agreeing annual terms, Implement cost price changes & Managing internal forecasts
- Managing promotional plans within brand guidelines, Attending conferences & trade shows
Being Brilliant at the Basics
- Build, implement and deliver budgets and customer plans (JBPs) that meet the strategic objectives of the sales & brand functions and also those of the customer
- Develop & overlay shopper marketing and brand plans in your account(s)
- Achievement of agreed customer terms and trading conditions
- Monitor sales by customer and/ or channel
- Being the main point of contact in Taylors for your account and the voice of your account in Taylors
- Matrix Management of Project to completion
- A True Leader (High Level of Emotional Intelligence) This business is not simply about "getting the job done"', but also "How" you do this. (And the impact on others around You)
New people joining us comment on the feel of the place, the warmth of the welcome, and the care that we take to ensure that they are able to understand and embrace our culture. We value our people, and the personal skills, experience and qualities that they bring. Indeed history has shown us that you’re career development could come from one of several areas:
- Development within Convenience, HSV & OOH Channel or a move across to Grocery National Accounts
- Movement into more Shopper Marketing or Category Focused roles
- Movement into International or even Consumer Marketing Roles
This is one of the key reasons people tend to stay with us for a long time. We believe in developing people as individuals and we provide learning and personal development opportunities for the collaborative and peer-based working that is becoming a signature of our workplace culture.
The successful candidate is likely to have a degree and have relevant experience and a proven track record as a National Account Manager within the Convenience or Discounter sector or worked as a National Account Executive on one or more of the multiple accounts. Strong relationship building, organisational and financial awareness skills are key. You will also be a team player, self-disciplined, flexible and eager to play a part in contributing to our business success.
However we are also open to exceptional candidates who could be operating in FMCG Own Label or a Smaller Branded House across Cash & Carry, Foodservice, Grocery or C&I Channels. A "strategic" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial Team.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.
Apply for National Account Manager- (High Street Value)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly