Retail Commercial Manager | Chilled | Brand & Own Label | Retail
2 days left
- Contract Type
A Retail Commercial Manager is required for a growing business based in Yorkshire who are making great strides in their category.
About the Business
Our client is a developing SME business who operate within both brand and private label in a niche but growing category that is very much on trend with current lifestyles. As part of the next phase of their growth, a significant investment has been made into pushing a range of branded products into the retail sector. Manufacturing is all done within Yorkshire giving our client a significant level of provenance to its brand and also the wider product offering.
About the Position
As Retail Commercial Manager your role will be two-fold, firstly to nurture and develop the existing business that our client has on private label basis with retail customers across major retail customers. Secondly, and more pertinently, you will take full responsibility for developing the new branded offering into a variety of retailers. The product itself has a strong point of difference from anything else out there in its category and also fits within the healthy lifestyle category.
- You will have experience of working with major UK grocery accounts in Commercial Management position
- Your ability to sell beyond a cost/price basis will be essential for this role, our client is proud of its history and the story it has to tell and this will be a key conversation point with retailers
- A working understanding of a chilled product category would be a significant advantage
- A prior background in an NPD role or a business with a high level of commercial input into NPD would be particularly of interest
- As working as part of an SME business that manufactures at site, the role itself will be broad so you will be someone who embraces getting involved in a range of business areas
- This is not an office based position, but you will need to be comfortable travelling to a Yorkshire site 1 – 2 days per week
About the Opportunity
The business has a quality product, a strong brand identity and what it believes is a strong source of demand. This role is the ultimate chance to make a difference and take real pride in ownership of a product and accounts. Longer term there is the potential for this role to oversee not just retail sales but also other channels that our client operates in.
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in FMCG Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, NPD jobs, Technical jobs & Category jobs across the UK.