3PL Operations Manager
PepsiCo is on the look-out for a high calibre 3PL Operations Manager to join our fast paced Logistics team based in the Midlands.
This role is primarily based at our Southern Region Distribution Centre (SRDC). The SRDC is our largest distribution site in the UK. We distribute the bulk of our own products, working closely with our manufacturing and supply chain teams, the SRDC makes this possible. If we're not operating efficiently then our customers won't find our great range of products on the supermarket shelves. Which is definitely not good for business!
As part of the UK Logistics Leadership team, the primary responsibility of the role is to support the delivery of 98.5% on time in full (OTIF) delivery to our ambient customer base through effective management of PepsiCo approved 3rd party logistics providers.
This role is tasked with delivering across a balanced scorecard, through a number of 3PL providers whilst also supporting the removal of waste from the Customer Service & Logistics operation, driving simplification and standardisation across 3PL partners to deliver clear long-term strategic improvement plans across the scorecard (cost, service, safety, people). The role is also part of the Logistics Network management team having a clear input into logistics execution. The role specifically focuses on the following:
- 3PL - Warehousing, Hauliers
- Supporting role for pricing negotiation of all services
- Financial control within sphere of influence
- Robust KPI management of critical scorecard deliverables
What you'll need:
- Experience of multi-site management and managing from distance
- Experience of transport and warehousing tenders and outsourcing projects
- Knowledge and experience of collaborating and managing 3rd party logistics providers
- Strong knowledge of supply chain operations - manufacturing or logistics is essential
- Experience of writing capex proposals for business consideration
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence the wider network teams
- Contract management experience - commercials and relationships
- A proven track record of project management and change management skills
- Flexible approach, with strong analytical and decision making capability to operate in a fast paced business environment and deliver successful business change within this context
- Able to adapt quickly to a constantly changing environment
- Able to prioritise, and take ownership for a heavy workload whilst continuing to deliver high quality of work
- Flexibility to support a 24/7 operation with a travel requirement to support in multiple geographic locations, being available as a point of contact
This role comes with a range of flexible benefits, and a base salary of up to £50,000 plus bonus, Company Car and other additional benefits.
PepsiCo produces the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses - Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade - also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.