Projects & Estimating/Office Manager
Job Title: Projects & Estimating/Office Manager
Job Sector: Construction & Design/ Catering & Hospitality
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000 p.a (possibly negotiable)
Job Reference: SS/J018200
One of the UK’s leading commercial catering equipment specialists offering a full consultancy, design, construction and fit-out service to their high profile clients.
About the Role:
This is a key role within this very successful business, requiring you to lead, manage and motivate a small team of experienced Estimator’s and Customer Service staff. You will be responsible for monitoring the team and ensuring they are continually working to their full potential and using their time effectively. In addition to managing the team, your role will be varied and duties will include;
- Working closely with the Head of Project Management and the MD of Projects, to ensure the seamless delivery of the Projects Division services.
- Act as a key link between divisions; liaising between Construction and Consultancy.
- First point of contact for all enquiries from new and existing clients – including; one off sales, new tenders and one off projects.
- Evaluate all enquiries – passing to Estimator’s to prepare a quote if it’s a one – off request.
- Assessing and evaluating new tender requests, liaising with other parts of the business as required.
- Manage the workloads and deadlines of both yourself and the team.
- Provide support and advice to the team in relation to paperwork and invoicing – ensuring the team are always on top of everything.
- Organise and supervise the preparation of relevant documentation and smooth handover once a project has been won.
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to new products, visits, training sessions and managing the discount structures.
- Regular reporting – maintain the reporting system with all incoming estimate, completed estimates, lost and won estimates etc.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Projects & Estimating Team Manager, you must possess the following;
- Experience gained from with the commercial catering or construction projects industry would be desirable but not essential – other relevant industries will be considered.
- Office management experience.
- Experience of working within and understanding the mentality of a smaller company.
- The ability to learn quickly and absorb new information.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- A calm attitude and approach.
- A motivating and encouraging attitude.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- A salary of up to £40,000 p.a (DOE)
- 25 days holiday
- Excellent benefits
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.