National Account Manager - Grocery/E-Comm/Impulse/Convenience
Gü was launched with three products in 2003 and with a current portfolio of over 20 top notch products that are now eaten somewhere in the world every 2 seconds. A fabulous story of pure genius and a brilliant team of people!
Part of a family business 80 years ago that has developed into a multi-divisional, fast moving, innovative food business with a turnover in excess of £600m and employing over 1700 people in the UK and France. Each of our divisions are unique, offering different challenges and exciting career opportunities.
We have an informal style and believe in pushing responsibility and accountability down to the local level. Whichever division you work for, we believe in training and developing each of our colleagues and in providing an environment where all colleagues can achieve their full potential.
As a company we are firmly committed to equality of employment opportunity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- Be the main point of contact for certain accounts, developing and maintaining effective relationships with the customer at all levels, specifically with the relevant Category Buyer and cross-functionally.
- The role of the managing/farming the account(s) includes, but is not limited to forecasting, price negotiation, planning, full profit and loss (P&L) responsibility of key accounts, budgeting, category management, marketing and logistics.
- This role will also typically involve elements of business development, whether opening new trading relations or gaining new listings, SKU's, NPD within existing accounts, with the aim of maintaining or increasing profit margin, turnover, volume, distribution and market share.
- Financial responsibilities will include for accurate forecasting across the portfolio i.e. cost, price, and volume
- Take responsibility for key business projects e.g. NPD on point responsibility;
- Work closely with the Commercial Director & Category Controller to ensure effective delivery of the commercial strategy; and undertake other duties as assigned
- Ambitious NAM already wanting to be able to take step up into SNAM responsibility
- Possess strong administration and analytical skills;
- Demonstrate a professional manner, be very commercially aware and is interested in what the competition are doing;
- Confidence, motivation and determination, as well as the ability to deal with rejection;
- Strong networking and influencing skills at all levels;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Have high attention to detail;
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- A good listener, able to respond to results and consumer research;
- Be able to build outstanding customer relationships and have impeccable 'people skills';
- Have good presentation skills;
- Able to work well on your own, or with a wide range of people from different parts of the business;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage different projects at the same time;
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Enjoy working in a busy, deadline driven and creative environment; and
- Be energetic and passionate about Gü – possess or have the ability to develop in-depth knowledge about our products and markets.
Apply for National Account Manager - Grocery/E-Comm/Impulse/Convenience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly