SALES DIRECTOR – RETAIL CHEESE
Sales Director – Retail Cheese
Up to £90,000 + benefits
Dale Farm Limited is the largest dairy business in Northern Ireland, and the 4th largest in the UK with their current turnover standing at £400m. They have presence in every dairy category and supply leading brands such as Dale Farm, Dromona, Lakeland and Spelga as well as providing innovative own label solutions for key customers. The company has 14 sites across the UK and Ireland, producing and distributing a wide range of dairy products nationally, as well as exporting to more than 45 countries worldwide. Customers include all top four grocery multiples and other major retailers; they have also developed an ever expanding foodservice business, supplying the catering trade with both branded and own label solutions.
The group’s technical centre at Ballymena is the hub of new product development within Dale Farm. Since the technical centre opened in 2003, Dale Farm has invested over £4.5million in product and process innovation. The company has also recently completed a £40m investment programme in its processing plants and acquired Ash Manor Cheese in Wrexham. With a number of exciting new projects planned for 2017, they are looking to grow their commercial team with the recruitment of a Sales Director.
Reporting into the Group Commercial Director, you will have full P&L responsibility for the cheese business unit, which is the largest across the business. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing the retail cheddar market within GB and develop and implement a market strategy to drive profitable growth of the Dale Farm retail cheddar business.
- Identification of new markets/customers to achieve maximum growth across the overall cheese business unit.
- Preparing budget and forecasts as required
- Liaising with the manufacturing team to prepare a cheese manufacturing plan, thus ensuring the necessary volume and category of cheese is laid down
- Guaranteeing sufficient stock to meet anticipated sales whilst keeping working capital to a minimum.
- Monitoring and controlling pricing for all cheese products including the preparation of own label tenders to ensure achievement of agreed margins and targeted profitability.
To be considered for this role you must have at least 5 years’ experience in a high profile, senior level role. It is essential you have managed budgets and have a proven track record of delivering high levels of growth through comprehensive and profitable market strategies. You must be commercially astute, confident with numbers and have the ability to make decisions quickly yet rationally. Whilst experience with cheese is desirable, food backgrounds would be considered.
All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to our retained recruitment partners at Clear Edge Search & Selection Ltd.
Apply for SALES DIRECTOR – RETAIL CHEESE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly