Global FMCG Brand – instantly recognisable. Well established in the UK and in double digit through YoY. Still maintains an entrepreneurial ‘smaller company’ feel in the UK but backed by global privately owned Group & Brand. This is a great Sales Director role!!!!
Our client is known globally & in the UK as a premium FMCG brand, established in the category due to its heritage & passion for quality. With a relatively small close knit team in the UK (turnover c£70 million), they care passionately about bringing the best quality product to consumers across the world. In double digit YoY growth and still retaining their independent edge by being family owned, they also have a category leading brand present across 50 countries+ today.
Due to their continued growth our client now requires an office based Sales Director to deliver impressive results within the Grocery Multiples, Convenience Customers and High Street / Department Store retailers.
- To agree and develop a Retail vision, mission and strategic development plan for the UK business, across multiple retail channels that support the five-year strategic growth plan.
- Determine and execute the medium and long-term strategy for the retail buisiness – consumer, customer channel, pack, promotions and pricing.
- To work with key customers to develop strategic commercial plans around seasonal and event driven areas that maximise the growth of their product portfolio
- To manage the deployment of the channel/trade/brand marketing strategy across each channel to help drive sales, market share, volume and profit consistent with channel and customer requirements, working closely with the Marketing Department.
- To ensure the necessary business resources are engaged and effectively managed in order to implement UK trade and category plans.
- To achieve UK Commercial Objectives through focused support of a cross-functional team working, including Supply Chain, Purchasing, Sales and Finance.
- To develop strong customer relationships through both formal business review meetings and informal contact and discussion at all levels
- To continually review business performance against plans and, when appropriate, recommend and implement commercial actions to improve performance.
- Direct and manage Trade & Promotional expenditure ensuring all channels are receiving “best value for money” at all times and improving consistently ROI on spend.
We are looking for a resilient, highly numerate, commercially astute leader with extensive commercial experience, with the ability to influence at a Senior Level and to deliver a challenging Business Plan.
The successful candidate in this role will:
- Currently be a Sales Director ready for a fresh challenge or an outstanding Account / Channel Controller OR Director ready for the next step
- Have a proven success of building outstanding partnerships with retailers & foodservice operators
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Have great Shopper & Category marketing knowledge & experience
- Finally, be a great experienced Leader
If the above is you then please Apply quoting 7/14151/7. Confidentiality assured.
Visit our website for further opportunities www.workwithseven.com/jobs/
If you do not hear back within 7 days the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search
Apply for Sales Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly