Edge Hill Students’ Union is a dynamic, award winning organisation. Our vision is to be an essential part of Edge Hill University significantly adding value to the student experience. We do this by providing high quality, well-used membership and commercial services.
We are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic and passionate person, with experience of people management and visual merchandising. You understand the importance of what each sale can contribute to your store’s success and how the strength of your team can affect results.
- Leading, motivating and developing your team to ensure consistent delivery on standards, customer service and product knowledge to maximise the retail sales potential and profitability.
- Increase revenue by proactively encouraging additional sales within all areas of responsibility and generating a sales culture within the team delivering our experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience at a managerial level within the retail environment
- Proven experience of working within budgets and achieving targets.
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Experience of computer based stock control systems.
- Experience of staff, recruitment, training supervision and staff rotas.
- Effective stock management experience
- Cashing up and stock taking / control procedures
- Excellent people skills with a proven track record of leading, developing and motivating a team
- Generous annual leave entitlement consisting of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure days
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discounted onsite gym and sports facilities
- Free parking (subject to SU Environmental Policy)
- Childcare Vouchers
We are looking for someone with a great personality to share their passion for the retail industry in delivering an exceptional customer experience, someone who is always curious to see what is new in the industry and how it can be integrated. You will be working in a busy environment which requires a consistency in customer service, flexibility and being able to work well under pressure.
If this sounds like the role for you, please visit our website www.edgehillsu.org.uk/jobs for further information about the role and details on how to apply.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th April 2017.
Interviews will be held on 12th and 13th April 2017.