Senior Buyers/Supply Chain Leaders
Brief Overview of the Position
Travel Counsellors Ltd is looking to strengthen their growing Head Office based Commercial department with motivated, dependable individuals looking to develop their career. The successful candidate will be ready to take on more responsibility in this field and will become part of one of the most vibrant and successful travel companies in the U.K.
This role will play a major role in the Travel Counsellors’ in-house tour operation by delivering on the contracting strategy for our hotel portfolio ensuring the collection continually grows and best market rates are achieved. The hotel portfolio is a fundamental part of the Company’s state of the art ‘Phenix’ dynamic packaging system which allows Travel Counsellors to tailor make the perfect holiday for their clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiate to ensure the best rates in all markets and deliver unique added value benefits for Travel Counsellors’ customers.
- Enhance our portfolio of directly contracted hotels
- Manage the contracting process in line with UK and overseas business requirements
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with local and global hotel groups.
- Ensure the hotel portfolio and contracting process supports the Company’s sales and marketing strategy
- Extend portfolio of DMC partners to allow TCs to extend the range of product they are able to sell as a Tour Operator.
- Attend regional and international trade fairs to identify new sources to enhance the portfolio
- Achieve supplier marketing contributions in line with company requirements
- Conduct continual market analysis to continually identify the best destinations and markets to develop our portfolio.
- Review current contracts to renegotiate rates and offers to ensure best market rates at all times.
- Attend Company events and conferences to promote our hotel portfolio to the Travel Counsellors, ensuring it is considered a quality, competitive and primary source of product.
- Conduct overseas visits to identify new properties and ensure quality standards meet Company requirements
The Product Buyer will be part of an exciting and challenging agenda and must be presentable and comfortable in the presence of GMs and Directors of Sales.
- Achieving best rates in market
- Review and define product selection
- Chase and process contract renewals
- Check pricing and maximise yield opportunities
- Process special offers – to sales team & TCs
- Actively chase suppliers for offers to fit with our marketing calendar
- Conduct supplier meetings
- Attend trade fairs as required
Summary of Key Attributes and Qualifications
- You will have previous experience working as an end to end buyer within a Travel or Retail environment
- Exceptionally strong contract negotiation skills with a proven, demonstrable track record.
- Have the ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing and highly pressured environment
- The capability to maintain the highest level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all times and at all levels
- Liaison with suppliers
- Need to be able to interact and be willing to support leading travel agents in 7 countries
- Passionate about the travel industry
- Self-driven with desire to succeed