Senior Category Manager
Senior Category Manager - Grocery
This globally recognised multi-category FMCG Food business has an enviable portfolio of brands and is now recruiting for a Senior Category Manager to be responsible for leading the category development agenda for key customer groups across the business.
- Contribute to the creation of a best in class Category Development function
- Lead and develop a team of customer specific Category Managers
- Take a leadership role in pro-actively setting the agenda for the category development team by identifying & driving the team against key business priorities
- Being the first point of contact for the retail customers on category management enquiries.
- Responsible for building on-going effective relationships with your key external contacts to establish the business and brand as a trusted category advisor
- Provide objective and compelling category recommendations and assessments on core retail range reviews, taking into consideration Range / Space / Merchandising / Macro Space / segment flow
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of key trends from Category, Shopper and Commercial data to identify category growth, brand and distribution opportunities and risks Translate identified opportunities into a clear call-to-action
- Drive sell-in's of customer specific plans regarding range and space management, working closely and aligning with the Business Unit Controllers and Business Account Managers
- Degree educated
- Experience of developing and executing channel strategies
- Experience of delivering results through others; working in cross-functional teams and managing people.
- Proven record of making a difference to customer performance through personal Category Management initiatives
- A breadth of FMCG experience enabling an appreciation of the overall business/commercial context of the role category management plays within the organisation
- Commercial with strong financial skills
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills, able to probe numbers for trends, insights and opportunities, and translate into logical, concise and clear recommendations
This would be an excellent opportunity for an already experienced Category Manager with a broad background in FMCG and/or Retail to join an exciting business, with lots of NPD, Innovation and exciting projects in the pipeline. Get in touch with me to find out more!