CHIKA’S is looking for a commercial director with experience in ambient snacks, who is mission-focused, a creative strategist, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organisation, and leading a team. The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth
You will also oversee all commercial activities of our organisation ensuring it maximises all opportunities for profit generation available to it.
Based in West London, CHIKA’S is a young, stylish food company that has launched a new and distinct range of products. The products are a high-end range of savoury bites. We aim to take our consumers on an adventure in taste with high quality, super tasty & nutritious snacks. Inspired by the traditional foods of Africa, we are differentiated by our provenance and delivering flavour in a natural way. Since launch in 2014 we have grown quickly, supplying leading 5 star hotels, independents, food service and grocery stores.
We have a smart and energetic team and we hope you can add to it by bringing experience and energy.
- Manage and coach a team effectively to ensure they maximise opportunities within the current contracts, drive innovation and ultimately support organic growth.
- Develop and execute business plans and strategies which deliver the strategic goals of the business and accelerates growth
- Responsible for achieving sales and financial targets through the effective performance management of the sales and marketing teams
- Set and communicate clear goals; coach, motivate, and monitor the first line reports
- Drive the sales teams to deliver plans ensuring revenue growth is delivered with pace and sustainability
- Continually review and refine the sales process, operations and structure; ensuring resources are aligned to best meet growth plans
- To achieve agreed targets for revenue and profitability
- To devise, implement and successfully deliver account strategies, in line with the companies’ objectives, through effective internal communication and customer management using customer & industry knowledge.
- To build long-term relationships with accounts at both strategic and tactical levels to build business to a mutual advantage.
- Forward focused plans must be in line with business growth and brand plan objectives.
- Work cross functionally across category and marketing to maximise business outcomes.
- Must have experience and in depth knowledge of the ambient snacks market.
- Proven experience as commercial director or other relevant role within FMCG.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- Demonstrates confidence in own ability to deliver in a demanding and fast paced environment whilst remaining focused on solutions to deliver a forward thinking business.
- Drives success, is proactive in seizing opportunities, positive manner and shows resilience in tough times.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver growth strategies in the chosen sales arena
- Strong intellect, commercial judgement and solid evidence of self-development and hunger for success
- Demonstrable understanding of business financials and prudence
- Keen interest in snacks and see the opportunity CHIKA’S has.
- Unflappable in the face of obstacles or changing priorities and able to use any such situations to wow and exceed expectations;
- Comfortable with working in a small (but fast paced and growing) business and able to draw from experience to help move the business to the next level;
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- First class communicator and team player, very comfortable leading and inspiring a team and able to achieve results through professional approach to and respect for colleagues
- High level of computer literacy and excellent numerical and analytical skills (data manipulation and insight), with intermediate Excel capability.
- Ability to prepare and deliver persuasive and impactful presentations for key customer meetings
- Able to generate innovative ideas, explore opportunities and develop strategies that maximise commercial impact.
- Desire to embrace our unique environment and engage yourself with the essence of the business
- A competitive salary - this will not be an obstacle for the right candidate
- Car commensurate with the position
- Pension contribution
- Substantial bonus.
- The opportunity to lead the company
Apply for Commercial Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly