To enable competitive advantage for the organisation in terms of cost, quality and services. Driving value added activity through the management of existing and new suppliers, in line with the Company Purchasing Strategy.
A leading FMCG global organisation. The organisation is valued for their structure and work ethic within the FMCG world. They promote internal progression for individuals with potential and are looking to expand their procurement team due to continued growth in the business.
- Maintain compliance responsibility for portfolio of materials.
- Establish and maintain expert understanding of the material portfolio including customer base, item purchased, cost structures and drivers.
- Identify business requirement that the buying portfolio must fulfil including specification; services, quality, innovation, time and volume.
- Lead on intelligence gathering for the market including; supply chain, raw materials, market trends and impact on currency fluctuations.
- Carry out and maintain budgeting, forecasting, tracking, and reporting of all relevant financial metrics.
- Drive projects in accordance with company strategy which will deliver cost savings and innovation.
- Manage and carry out tender negotiations, establish legal contracts in relation to authorised buying activity.
- Degree - or equivalent, preferably with a bias to the purchasing function but not a pre-requisite.
- Can demonstrate excellent negotiation skills
- Wide knowledge of FMCG and market conditions.
- Project management qualification an advantage
- Travel is essential as this will constitute approximately 30% of the role in Belgium, Poland and wherever suppliers are based.
- Very strong communication & team working skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, Excel and preferably SAP
- Fluent English, second language would be an advantage
- Able to manage multi-site projects and influence a variety of key stakeholders
Call me directly on 0161 639 0080.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly