eCommerce Strategy & Development Manager
PepsiCo are looking for a fantastic individual to join the team and build on our digital business presence. This is a brand new role reporting to the UK eCommerce Director.
This role will own the development and activation of the eCommerce strategy, primarily focused on the role of pure-plays within the wider grocery market. Identifying key digital and business trends to shape new developments in the UK sales / grocery operation - e.g. Direct to Consumer, New distribution models as well as portfolio adaptations and enhancements through commercialization. The role will be UK focused, but has alignment with the global eCommerce strategy team.
This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for a digital agenda as you will play a critical role in innovating and driving our future business. The key to this role is being able to take a strategic, collaborative and consultative approach in order to bring others on board with your ideas. You'll have very strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of customers, internal partners and stakeholders.
This is a high profile role within the eCommerce team to lead our digital aspirations - it's a terrific platform to make a big impression and have a real impact on the business.
What you'll get up to
- Define the strategic role of pure-play customers within wider Grocery market - Building plans and models to operationalize the strategy
- Provide and validate financial scales to key opportunities, with associated plans to deliver the growth
- Identify and cross functionally lead key strategic and business development opportunities (e.g. New routes to market) - Requiring alignment into marketing and sales
- Codify existing eCommerce and eCommerce marketing best practice to identify a clear eCommerce operating model
- Incubate and nurture new eCommerce customers / models to provide appropriate scale to operationalize into wider eCommerce team
- Lead the eCommerce agenda into the commercialization team to identify and shape the right portfolio assortment for eCommerce and help to shape future portfolio direction beyond 1-2 years
- Continuously analyse performance of Pure-play and wider eGrocery customers to identify opportunities to grow PepsiCo's revenue and share
- Lead eCommerce marketing agenda to maximize the opportunity to align with wider digital marketing activity and drive towards a stronger ROI
- Develop expertise and identify opportunities within the emerging digital technology and connected home market to future proof plans beyond 2020
Your experience and ability
- Strong negotiation skills to create the right business partnerships from day 1
- Analytical horsepower, focused on creating, analysing and activating key insights
- Quizzical mind-set into how shopper's needs and behaviours are evolving
- Proactive approach to operate internally (UK, Sector and Globally) and externally to build the right relationships and networks
- Ability to balance big picture and specific details - including financials
- Ability to take a broad and balanced viewpoint, focused on growing PepsiCo's overall business, not just digital revenue
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create new and sustainable operating models to shape future business
The stand out candidate would have:
- Sound knowledge and experience of eCommerce, digital business and operations
- Good intuition and feel for eCommerce / digital and how consumer needs are evolving
- A consultative mind set with clear curiosity and visions for how the digital landscape will evolve
- Proactive and entrepreneurial mind set to identify and deliver the right opportunities for PepsiCo growth
Why PepsiCo UK?
PepsiCo UK are home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products including; Walkers, Doritos, Tropicana, Quaker, Naked Juice and many more. We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love; through innovation and strategic marketing of our products. We've launched a huge number of break-through products and exciting campaigns, which keep us at the fore-front of the industry. Our achievements have been recognised in the 2016 AGS report where we achieved the No.1 spot.
Careers at PepsiCo
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of our UK vacancies being filled by internal promotions, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning.