Customer Business Manager, Co-op
Why PepsiCo? Walk into your local supermarket or corner shop and it won't take long to spot one of our products. PepsiCo is home to Walkers, Pepsi, Quaker and Tropicana - market-leading brands and household favourites. We are one of the world's leading food and beverage companies, generating over $65 billion in net revenue each year.
We haven't become this successful by resting on our laurels. We have been voted as one of the top 10 employers in the UK, and our sales team is leading a growth agenda across our business. In short, it is a very exciting time to come on board!
This role is for an ambitious individual looking to accelerate their career as part of our fast paced UK Sales Team. This role will give you the opportunity to build a strong profile across our business, working for one of our key growth accounts.
Distinguished by our energetic, determined nature, our sales teams combine a strategic and consultative approach; utilising incisive consumer data to help both PepsiCo and our customers flourish. Our Customer Business Managers are responsible for building and maintaining outstanding customer relationships.
- Accountability for setting and delivering the base driving initiatives and long term strategy plans for PepsiCo's brands, including; development and leadership of joint business plans.
- Lead cross-functional agenda for Nutrition by working closely with the Customer Insights Manager, Shopper Marketing Manager, Net Revenue Manager & Supply Chain Manager to deliver business plans
- Build business plans to deliver UK market share and sales growth targets within budgetary constraints
- Manage all aspects of our commercial relationship for this key growth account
- On-going management of the trading agenda with your key customer contacts in order to deliver against the annual operating plan and long term strategic plans. Key customer contacts will include: Controllers, Buyers, Merchandising Managers and Insights Managers.
- Utilising trade investment through effective negotiation and by developing a suitable promotional strategy that maximises ROI and efficiency.
- Developing the mix of PepsiCo products sold through the account, specifically outlining strategies and tactics to drive high revenue/profit packs and products.
- Delivery of in-store execution standards of distribution, display and promotion as defined in the UK annual marketing calendar and operating plan.
- Continually growing key customer relationships at Buying Manager level and developing senior relationships.
- Communicating a clear vision and objectives to the team, to motivate and inspire their performance.
Key Skills and Experience:
- An FMCG sales background with experience of account ownership, account planning (AOP), and forecasting
- Experience of developing and executing joint business plans
- P&L ownership and understanding, including knowledge of the key business drivers
- Skilled negotiator - ability to conduct multi-faceted negotiations at both tactical and a strategic/contractual level
- People management and leadership experience
- Strong results orientation, track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Influencing skills - demonstration of ability to influence both internal and external agenda
- Commercial Acumen - Strong commercial and analytical ability required to manage both the operational and strategic agenda
Joining our Head Office team in Reading, you'll be aligned with our core products (including Walkers, Quaker and Tropicana) and to one of our most exciting customers. We're fortunate that we make some of the country's favourite grocery brands, and our customers (and consumers) expect them to be on their shelves. There is plenty of market share to be had out there, so come and help us win it!