Job Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: Competitive salary
Job Ref: SB/17896
My client based in Staffordshire is looking to recruit a commercial manager to join this exciting company.
They have developed an enviable reputation for their ability to manufacture and install high quality bespoke loose furniture, fixed seating, wall panels, bars and cabinets for leading restaurants, leisure brands, hotels and bars, however are also looking to expand into new areas including cruise ships/education etc.
They are extremely well respected within the industry and work with some fabulous companies, therefore this hire is crucially important. The role is called “Commercial Manager” however we are ideally looking for someone of Director quality.
This is a great place to work, a company with a big team ethos and decent values. They are looking to double their turnover in the next 3 years.
This role is broad ranging and encompasses sales, estimating, marketing and management. The right person will have had experience in all of these areas.
- Market research
- Promotional Activity
- Social Media
- Prospecting for potential new customers.
- Sales – production of quotes, order taking and adjustments.
- Production of tenders.
- Customer/client relationship management.
- Build and maintain network relationships.
- Administration of quotes, orders, adjustments.
- Reporting of key data/KPIs and progress against targets.
- Development and management of CRM system.
- Identifying potential new customers and markets.
- Develop and present pitches.
- Represent the company at key events.
- Analysis of Request for Quotations, take off from drawings and conversion to quote format.
- Cost calculations.
- Pricing of works.
- Production of technical elements of tenders.
- Contracts review.
- Record keeping of estimates for future use/continuous improvement.
- Development of estimating processes and systems.
- Excellent understanding of general business management theory and practice.
- Excellent understanding of sales and marketing principles and relevant management theory and practice.
- Ability to lead and manage the team to very high standards.
- Thorough understanding of the market place.
- Strong commercial instinct and the ability and drive to succeed in varying circumstances.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to develop high quality plans and strategies to achieve objectives.
- Excellent networking skills, seeking out potential customers and forming working relationships, gleaning key information.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, oral).
- Build rapport and maintain relationships with multiple contacts.
- Excellent persuasion skills.
- Ability to produce sound sales plans and achieve required results.
- Superior management and organisational skills.
- Expert negotiating skills.
- Prior industry experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge about the industry.
- Efficient presentation and communication skills.
- Focus and thoroughness.
- The capacity to be influential and amenable.
- Professionalism and cordiality.
- Solid industry networks.
- Outstanding project management expertise.
- The capacity to adequately handle work stress.
- The capacity to meet project deadline.
- Decisiveness and mercantile shrewdness.
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
- Experience in loose and fixed seating and wall panelling would be an advantage.
Please contact Sarah Benion at your earliest convenience for additional information email@example.com T: 01275 813 006
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.