Sales Capability Development Manager (South)
Capability Development Manager (Sales)
Covering across locations in the South (Home Based)
Come and join the number one food service company in the country…
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
This role will be to lead the development, delivery and evaluation of the Independent Sales Channel Learning and Development strategy, ensuring alignment to strategic capability and commercial priorities. The successful candidate will manage the delivery of business focussed Learning and Development activities that may be of either a tactical or a strategic nature, building the operational effectiveness and capability of managers and colleagues to deliver agreed performance
- Partner with Divisional Sales Director, HR Director and functional leadership teams to identify team business related development needs, working collaboratively with L&D Design Consultants to develop capability building solutions.
- The design delivery and measurement of Brakes Independent and Key Account Sales Channel people development strategy, ensuring alignment with organisational strategic business plans.
- Use innovative practices to commission/develop appropriate training interventions to improve and enhance the learning and development offer. Sourcing, developing and evaluating specialist third party providers as required.
- Managing the design, development and delivery of a range of integrated learning and development solutions. Sourcing appropriate blended methodologies and delivering training and facilitation to staff as required.
- Acting as the divisional learning and development subject matter expert, providing informed advice and support to the business, ensuring a clear understanding of the strategic learning contribution made to the organisation.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement, introducing impact-measured analytics to demonstrate the scale of learning success and delivery to inform future L&D activities and demonstrate return on investment.
- Working in conjunction with the divisional Sales Director and the Recruiting and Resourcing Managers, evaluating operational needs and identifying planned solutions around succession planning, talent management and recruitment for Brakes staff. Ensuring any initiatives are coordinated with the wider HR plans for optimum efficiency.
- Increase staff participation and involvement in corporate development activities through staff engagement and promotional activity (e.g. Virtual Ashridge)Developing and implementing an effective performance management system; ensuring performance data is systematically analysed to identify training needs and inform wider sales/workforce planning. Working with HR colleagues to consider the impact of employment practices and processes on staff performance.
- Managing learning resources, including the annual and strategic budgets to ensure maximum effectiveness of spend and return on investment.
Knowledge & Experience
- Adult learning theory, instructional design and technologies that support the development of learning in the creation of learning interventions
- Sales Leadership theory and practice
- Employee engagement practices
- L&D subject matter expertise – within a HR and/or L&D qualification supported by a demonstrated practical and theoretical understanding of first line manager and Sales Force performance development
- Developing and implementing Learning and Development initiatives within a Commercial environment
- Evidence of successfully managing 3rd party suppliers for training delivery and evaluating success
- Designing and delivering a range of training solutions from TNA through to Evaluation
- Coaching & Facilitation
- Delivering strategic priorities within strict timelines