Category Manager (Marketing)
Category Manager (Marketing)
Does being integral to the development of a household name brand sound exciting? Do you want to work in a culture where employees are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and creative? Are you looking to further develop your skill set before moving into a Senior Category Manager role? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
The Advocate Group are partnered with a truly fantastic, household-name FMCG business who are at a really exciting point due to a focus on NPD and further brand development.
They are presently looking for a Category Manager to work with the wider Category and Marketing team to convert continuous research data into actionable insights that identify sales and marketing opportunities for their major grocery retail customers and the internal marketing team.
- Develop & assist in the implementation of bespoke plans for specific retailers based on the over-arching category strategy, delivering category growth and development of the brand
- Proactively build external relationships within designated retail accounts to ensure they remain the preferred category advisor in the category
- In collaboration with relevant National Account Managers ensure promotional activity within specific retailers is appropriate for the shopper, retailer and brand to gain maximum ROI
- Provide information and insight to be used in annual brand plans and high level exec meetings
- Establish relevant weekly/monthly reports to monitor agreed KPIs and enhance performance in named accounts
- Be the lead in all relevant category management projects with agreed accounts e.g. space planning, range reviews, strategic development, NPD implementation
- Work with UK marketing team to develop NPD and ensure the category is at the core of product development
- Be the lead in shopper and category insight for relevant accounts
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of over-arching category plans based on the over-arching category strategy
- Assist in the provision of category/market data and analysis to support work processes and ad-hoc strategic initiatives and senior management presentations
The successful candidate:
- Excellent knowledge of IRI/Kantar/Dunnhumby software and reporting systems
- Excellent knowledge of space planning software
- Computer literate – strong Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to create retailer reports
- Highly numerate
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong presentation skills with ability to present at all levels internally and at relevant retailers
- Graduate calibre
- 2 years of category management experience on retail multiples
This position provides the opportunity to immediately add value and make a tangible impact with future progression opportunities.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business. Any direct or third party applications will be handled by The Advocate Group.