Buyer - Food Ingredients
Buyer - Food Ingredients
David Wood Baking Ltd has over 20 years experience in food manufacturing and is recognised within the industry as a leader in own label products operating from 6 sites around the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Buyer to join our Group Purchasing Team based at our Head Office in Rothwell, Leeds.
The Purchasing Team has responsibility for Sourcing, Issuing Tenders / Request for Quotes, Tender Analysis, and Award of Contracts. This is across all Raw Materials / Ingredients, Packaging and Group Services.
You will be responsible for the category management of a range of Food Ingredients across the group.
Take commercial and day to day responsibility of Food Ingredients ensuring best value is extracted from our supply chains by driving out cost whilst delivering continuous improvement
Manage the Tender process through full cycle ensuring all milestones and timescales are met ; to include managing the supplier selection process, negotiating commercial terms and ensuring best value, service and performance from our suppliers
Proactively research new categories and solutions for review by the business
Understand the influence commodity market movements have on your category’s of spend
Be capable in problem solving through having the ability to analyse the issues, determine next steps and make sound recommendations
Contribute to the Purchasing Team’s cost saving targets ensuring the Group’s leverage is maximised and our total costs of ownership are minimised
Hold review meetings with suppliers to give and receive information on performance and agree appropriate action to resolve any issues which have arisen
Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the Purchasing Team’s objectives are fully aligned to those of the wider business
Skills and Experience
- Purchasing professional with experience of handling a significant spend for a large Food Manufacturer
- Solid Purchasing back ground with experience of buying Food / Ingredients
- Strong negotiation skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the tender process and its objectives
- Experience of issuing tenders and contracts whilst understanding the commercial implications of such
- Able to self manage both time and priorities
- Strong analytical skills in the interpretation and presentation of data
- Computer literate ; Word, Excel, E-mail, MRP Systems (Sage experience ideal)
- Full membership of CIPS or working towards this is desirable
- Travel to other sites will be required