Commercial Planning Controller
We are looking for a Commercial Planning Controller to Develop and implement plans that meet Burtons Biscuits annual operating budgets & targets. The ideal candidate will have extensive high level Pricing and Promotion Planning and Analysis experience, ideally from a Commercial Finance background.
The Commercial Planning Controller will be responsible for:
1. Highlighting new pack opportunities within existing capabilities with existing products – highlighting the opportunity, creating the business case and gaining sign off with marketing/brand finance before handing over to project management
2. Lead the short term cross functional monthly planning meetings (IMEX 6 – short term execution) and Quarterly Commercial Briefing – to share commercial Insights;
3. Short-term gap fill - weekly / Monthly and quarterly basis. Looking at promotional fall out and agreeing actions to mitigate with approval of PPPA manager.
4. Trade investment management ensuring all investments are loaded into the system correct and ROI achieved.
5. Promotional plan customisation and price measurement - in order to achieve Burton’s required margins or to mitigate cash margin miss through greater investment in price
6. In market brand performance tracking – tracking of ROS, understanding distribution loss risks and mitigating through additional activity
7. Evaluate and challenge Brand & Private label promotional delivery and plan achieved in order to course correct
Accountable and responsible for the creation of quarterly plans - to deliver Burtons Branded and Private Label targets within those channels.
8. Act as point person and champion within the commercial strategy team for branded/product areas – report back to the relevant team on a monthly person as appropriate on brand performance, risks and ops
9. Lead the annual planning process.
The successful Commercial Planning Controller will have/be:
- Degree/Degree calibre, ACA 2-3 years post qualification.
- Preferably experience of working for one of the top 4 accounting firms
- Commercially aware and a proven experience in sales strategy, marketing, sales or category or adjacent role (minimum 3 years).
- Experience of working in the FMCG sector and/or retail experience would be advantageous.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint.
The core competencies we are looking for in the Commercial Planning Controller are:
1. Strong quantitative and analytical skills and aptitude.
2. Able to gather, manipulate and interpret data; solve problems, predict trends; and establish priorities.
3. Strong decision making ability in situations where there is ambiguity.
4. Ability to communicate (verbally & written) issues, performance and concepts to all levels of the organisation.
5. Proven ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation and an ability to build strong, constructive relationships and positively influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
6. Ability to challenge senior sales leads and guide to a better delivery
7. A team player with good planning and organising skills, able to meet deadlines with quality output.
8. Ability to conceive, and bring to reality, new and improved ways of doing things.
9. Leadership – managing and developing a team of 2 direct reports.
Why Burton’s Biscuit Company
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone – the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a ‘treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy to work in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been short listed for an interview.