Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
All About Us
Award winning Hermes is the largest UK courier delivery service projected to handle 251 million parcels this year. We employ over 2,000 people, have over 12,000 self-employed couriers and deliver parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
This role is home based however travel is required daily to maintain contact with ParcelShops both within a defined territory and or other areas within UK if required.
To support and account manage the ParcelShop estate within your defined postcode territories. To maintain and grow estate in accordance with Hermes quality and compliance parameters and business objective.
Postcode Territory details: East Anglia, Cambridge and Essex
All About The Role
To generate increased and measurable company revenue through:
Identifying opportunities to maximise parcel volumes within a specified area adhering to ParcelShop operational requirementsEffective management of time - ensuring that full productivity is achieved each and every dayAccurate data recording in all areas of the business at all times Accurate completion of all documentation for all areas of the business at all times Ability to review and analyse performance/business data provided by the company to identify areas of opportunity, under performing and non-compliant agents and track personal achievement against agreed business objectives and KPI targetsEnsure maximum awareness of the ParcelShop service through Retailer training, positioning/updating POS and promoting local retailer activityTo recruit new ParcelShop sites where applicable which meet the required minimum criteria in order to achieve targets Provide accurate and timely reporting to your Regional Manager based on your territory performanceTo communicate effectively and timely to your Regional Manager and relevant personnel, any operational issues or development opportunities identifiedTo ensure Hermes customer service and brand values are upheld and represented with integrity and professionalism at all times
All About You
- Currently operating in a similar field based role in a retail or customer facing/service environment
- Proven experience and track record of adding significant value and driving business objectives within a target driven environment
- Ability to work on their own initiative and be a self- motivated, target orientated and organised individual
- Full clean driving license
- PC literate
- High degree of commercial awareness with the ability to think strategically in a fast moving and very busy operational environment
- Ability to stand back from process, re-evaluate and prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to command respect, trust and be a highly persuasive communicator
- Ability to work on their own initiative, be self- motivated, target orientated and an organised individual
- Able to clearly prioritise, cope under pressure, be resilient and tenacious