This job is no longer available
***** Opportunities within Makro Buying Team (Grocery and Beers, Wines & Spirits) - 6 month contract ***** To source and purchase a range of merchandise to meet customer expectations in order to maximise sales and profits.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Plan long term strategy in line with customer needs and market trends to deliver sustainable growth and maximise sales.
- Negotiate strong cost prices, trading terms and later income in order to maximise profitability
- Use customer and market information to develop ranges that will maximise footfall, sales and profits.
- Source ranged and non-ranged lines on a regular cycle to meet company promotional targets and check quality of resulting promotional literature with Mac Operators and Head of Marketing.
- Negotiate with suppliers and communicate effectively with stores to develop regular promotions whilst maximising availability and optimising footfall and sales.
- Create and control space allocation for ranged items in conjunction with Operations to maintain effective planograms
- Communicate effectively with stores and suppliers to ensure that stock targets are achieved.
- Be aware of the company trading strategy; source market data from customers, stores, suppliers and market research information and formulate an annual strategy document which is presented to the Head of Buying and the Buying Director.
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers and using GNX auctions to minimise cost prices and maximise revenue streams such as promotional support, later income and product launch support, always ensuring that agreements are consistently documented.
- Work with the Supplier Account Handlers and the Invoice Control Manager to ensure that all trading terms money is received and incorporated into the margin correctly.
- Take into account strategy guidelines; develop customer trends; product sales history and category trading terms to source and purchase a range that meets customer requirements whilst maximising profits.
- Agree promotional pagination; source high impact deals and work with buying teams to accurately complete submissions; decide on product allocations; check final copy and respond to last minute changes.
- Develop and review annual promotional plans; respond to or instigate ad hoc promotions; oversee content of promotional literature and ensure products are delivered effectively and on time into stores.
- Personally draw up plans; taking into account metreage allocation, product flow, product blocking and price points then hand over to Operations for system input and implementation
- Monitor stock levels; bring exceptional stock issues to the attention of SGMs/Heads of Operations and influence stores and suppliers to achieve both availability and stock holding targets.
Skills & Experience
- Either graduate calibre or strong industry experience.
- Strong negotiation skills – preferably supported with formal qualification
- Intermediate Excel, Basic word, use of stock management system
- Customer focused with an ability to quickly grasp and adapt to the Makro Cash and Carry business
- Able to hold team members, peers and managers accountable
- Able to evaluate, priorities and balance workload
- A hands on Manager with excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical skills to drive business opportunities
- Demonstrates the ability to translate their vision/requirements into practical application ,ensuring it is well articulated, communicated and understood
- Results Orientation
- Market and Customer Orientation
- Social Competence
- Intercultural Awareness
- Analytical and Strategic Competence
- Ability to bring about change.