This job is no longer available
Step Up Down Under
Join the changing face of Australian retail
General Manager - Buying
In September 2011, Masters launched into the Australian home improvement market, offering Australian consumers a retail experience that they had never seen before. Just over a year later we have 25 stores open and are on track to hit our goal of securing 150 sites within 5 years. We are a fast moving and innovative start-up that is backed by two major players in global retailing, Woolworths Limited, the biggest Australian Retailer, and US home improvement giant Lowes.
About the role
For the next phase of our growth we are seeking an exceptional leader to join us as the General Manager- Buying based in our Sydney office. In this role you will develop and execute the buying strategy as well as lead, motivate and develop a team of highly experienced buying professionals. This is a great opportunity for an outstanding buying leader to really make their mark and grow the next big retail business in Australia.
You will have
• Substantial experience successfully leading a large buying team within a "big box" retail business (home improvement category knowledge preferred but not essential).
• A reputation for being an outstanding leader, driving employee engagement and a high performance culture.
• Strong commercial acumen and inquisitiveness.
• The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
We will offer you
• An attractive remuneration package.
• Sponsorship and relocation assistance to Sydney
• An exciting career.
So if you have the energy, edge and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we want to hear from you!
Introduce yourself by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below / job no: 142030