Vendor Manager - Sports and Outdoors
Amazon’s Retail team is looking for a talented Vendor Manager to take responsibility for supporting the Sports & Leisure category. This is an opportunity to work on a range of initiatives such as direct sourcing and product/range creation & development. The sports and leisure market segment is particularly broad – encompassing areas as diverse as sporting apparel, camping equipment, bicycles & fitness equipment – and represents a significant opportunity for Amazon as it moves towards being ‘the place where people can find and buy anything online’. This is a category with significant continued opportunity for growth.
• Manage and build comprehensive selection through strong vendor relationships including assessing market procurement conditions, recommending terms, and implementing procurement strategies.
• Be responsible of following areas of business management: promotion, in-stock management (in close relationship to our supply chain management team), product development and communicating vendor performance.
• With online content management team, develop and execute collaborative marketing and promotions for a wide variety of products across the category.
• Set up a category procurement support strategy along with supply chain teams and drive continual process improvements, such as improving vendor lead times.
• Manage item/vendor set-up as well as maintenance, presentation and performance
• Attend trade shows and vendor meetings as required
• Monitor and research industry and competitive trends to make the Amazon offering the best for the customer
• Professional experience ideally in an online, retail, e-commerce or consulting environment
• Proven ability to influence others in a business setting, being assertive using excellent communication skills
• Outstanding analytical skills and experience in planning and forecasting
• Proven use of supporting tools and systems to deliver business improvement
• Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
• Action and results oriented mentality, combined with the ability to work in a demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must
• Ability to problem-solve using creative thinking and innovation is a plus
• Proven English skills, both verbal and written.
• University degree required ideally in a technical or analytical discipline
• Bachelors degree or compensating work experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
To apply please click 'Apply now' below.