This job is no longer available
DFDS Seaways is a growing international shipping company with a leading market position in Northern Europe operating a modern purpose build fleet in cross channel ferry travel on the English Channel.
DFDS Seaways in Dover is looking to appoint a shore-based Onboard Commercial Director to develop and deliver strategies for the onboard and shore-based catering and retail businesses.
You will be responsible for overseeing the organisation and management of all commercial and operational activities relating to the catering and retail businesses, and be accountable for the performance to the Senior Vice President English Channel.
A major focus of the role is to significantly improve the financial performance of the onboard service activities.
Principle Accountabilities include: -
- Maximisation of the onboard spend of both freight and tourist customers (catering and retail revenue).
- Delivery and optimisation of gross margin targets and gross profit targets.
- Compilation of the annual forecasts.
- Cost control over OBS expenditure.
- Responsible for the investment proposals and decision bases to enhance the OBS offer.
- To ensure that the DFDS Brand Position is developed and maintained onboard all 5 vessels.
- Optimising staffing requirements.
- In cooperation with the Commercial Management teams onboard, develop a performance culture.
- Training and development of employees onboard.
- Provide positive and developmental leadership and motivation to the onboard services team.
- Develop a DFDS culture onboard the vessels.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:-
- Previous experience in a commercial retail and/or catering management role.
- Proven track record of organisational development and successful team management.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and have the personal drive and motivation to deal with a wide range of tasks with conflicting priorities in a pressurised working environment.
- Possess excellent business acumen.
- Creative flair and innovative problem solver.
- Strong IT skills.
- Highly numerate.