This job is no longer available
Project Manager, Global Project Management – Nutrition Category
• Graduate to Post Graduate Degree level (e.g. Masters, PhD) or equivalent experience in Food Technology/Food Chemistry or related subject, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience in soft drink or beverage manufacturing industry
• Proven project management & matrix working experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills including prioritization and delegation of project team-related activities.
• Comfortable operating in situations characterised by complexity, ambiguity and high levels of uncertainty
• An ability to map out and understand complex, highly interdependent issues - to distil simplicity and elegant solutions
• Demonstrated effective communications skills, both written and oral, coupled with the sense to tailor to any one of a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to influence with or without authority at levels above and below own grade level
• Proficient with all MS Office applications with a strength in MS Project
The vision for our business is to become the # 1 Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company and we will do this by being focused, fit and first. These principles have a direct impact on the brands we sell and the way we market them.
The Nutrition Category is an incredibly exciting & fast paced environment, balancing the need for rapid delivery of innovation to key markets around the world with ensuring our products lead the market with strong scientific credentials and are delivered via efficient & cost effective routes to market.
The Nutrition Category portfolio; Lucozade, Ribena, Horlicks & Maxinutrition, is anchored in a number of key global markets, with dedicated teams based in China, India & Asia ensuring we are truly aligned to local consumer needs & insights.
The Nutrition Category Global Strategic Projects team is responsible for providing project management expertise and support to ensure delivery of innovation to these markets. We are seeking exceptional Project Managers with a hunger to help create a truly exceptional innovation powerhouse.
Due to the global nature of the business, it is essential that the job holder is able to travel. We are especially interested in candidates with experience in working Africa, Indian and China. Given the focus on the Nutrition Category in soft drinks, it is imperative that candidates have extensive experience in the Beverage & Soft Drinks industry
• Project manage multiple medium / large new product development projects of medium to high complexity from development to global roll-out
• Manage the core project team and associated meetings. As required, co-lead the project team with the business lead to ensure solutions and processes are in place to deliver on project objectives.
• Ensure project and overall business objectives are aligned. Work with the business lead to ensure the project remains in line with business objectives at all times.
• Act as a coach role model to the project team to help embed the best practice project management process and ways of working.
• Manage and deliver against all agreed design parameters for performance & cost
• Identify and engage and manage stakeholders. Ensure effective communications plan is in place and managed on an on-going basis.
• Lead the planning process, establish and manage project plan including internal and external dependencies.
• Establish and manage effective and on-going issues and risk escalation and resolution. Coach and mentor the project team to give on-going focus to the plans to actively resolve risks / issues.
• Manage defined project tracking and reporting process suitable for reporting at various management levels (time / KPIs / benefit / quality) at various stakeholder levels.
• Act as sub-team member for a specific element of PMO activities (e.g. reporting process, project management capability building and process improvement, etc.)
• Play a vital role in role modelling project management and playing a role in the facilitation and delivery of the global project management training programme in order to achieve common ways of working, language and use of tools across the business.
• Provide project management leadership to key objectives deemed vital to the growth of the business.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK’s online application system by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.