Product Transfer Technologist - Nutrition Category
Product Transfer Technologist- Nutrition Category
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) currently has an opportunity for a Product Transfer Technologist to work at their site in Brentford.
At GSK, one of the world’s leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.
• Graduate to Bachelors level (minimum) in Food Technology/Food Chemistry or related subject, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience in soft drink or beverage manufacturing industry
• Demonstrated excellent Technical skills including working knowledge of EHS, GMP and Quality standards.
• Demonstrated experience in the following: technical transfer, technical development, process validation, cleaning validation, method transfer and regulatory/pharmacopoeial requirements.
• Demonstrated ability in handling complex scientific information and application to structured problem solving/flexible thinking.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills including proven report writing skills.
• Use of basic statistics and an understanding/awareness of the application of more complex tools such as DOE & MSA.
• Developing knowledge of current and emerging Regulatory Strategies such as Quality by Design
• Knowledge of key beverage manufacturing operations.
• Capable and experience of or supporting HACCP, FMEA
• Significant demonstrated experience in identifying solutions in a manufacturing environment e.g. systems, lab, or process.
• Proven experience in working within multidisciplinary teams in support of Technical Transfer and manufacturing to achieve successful delivery of projects.
• Proven ability to engage and negotiate with managers and stakeholders across functions and geographical boundaries e.g. Site teams, R&D, Quality
• Self starter with self management skills
• Capability to assess and meet customer demands to create effective business solutions.
• Proven ability to drive for and deliver results.
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and innovatively combined with willingness to challenge.
• Proven resilience skills in a previous role.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Able to travel to support the Nutritionals business in our key global markets
The Nutrition Category portfolio; Lucozade, Ribena, Horlicks & Maxinutrition, is anchored in a number of key global markets, with dedicated teams based in China, India & Asia, to ensure we are truly aligned to local consumer needs. The purpose of this role is to drive delivery of new products into supply chain to support the growth ambitions of our Nutritional Healthcare business. The role will combine keen technical expertise in delivering technical transfers and technical introduction projects for the Nutritional Category within the CH Supply Division, with particular focus on beverage manufacture. This role will work within the Category New Product Introduction (NPI) team in delivering prioritised activities for the CH Supply Network across internal and external sites. The role holder will typically be participating in, and in future leading, cross functional teams in the technical area in receiving sites.
The role holder will work within a matrix organization with supply Sites and functions in R&D. The role requires the job holder to deliver technical transfer objectives for NPI and Technical activities, and to be accountable for the quality of their own work, including the successful delivery of the quality/technical aspects of the projects they are working on against defined standards and timelines. A key focus is on technical due diligence and embedding a Quality by design (QbD) and Value Engineering (VE) culture to ensure robust, cost effect manufacturing processes are effectively implemented. Due to the global nature of the business, it is essential that the job holder is able to travel.
• Delivers support for elements of Technical Transfer projects including; Technical Transfer checklist, PUCC / DfM / QbD, Technical RCA, NPI and Technical Change i.e. new raw material activities
• Provides technical support to site teams including technical, quality assurance and control in delivery of NPI
• Provides technical transfer support to outsourcing activities and in-licensing to 3rd parties.
• Drives qualification and validation activities within technical transfer projects
• Stays up to date with internal compliance and external standards / compendia
• Supports Category NPI Director in the delivery of team priorities.
• Supports implementation of new technology.
• Generate and deliver training material on products and processes, equipment and technology to the Category, and other relevant groups.
• Ensure technical transfer is performed safely and in accordance with relevant H&S/ GMP guidelines.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK’s online application system by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.