Category Demand Planner
As Category Demand Planner at Kerry Foods, you will be a key point of contact to the National Account Managers in preparation of the category demand forecast. You will assist the Lead Demand Planner in the generation of the overall business demand plan. In particular you will be part of the Phase I Transformation for Growth Project.
You will also work with the Commercial teams and wider commercial influences such as NPD and Marketing to develop an agreed forecast with a monthly, quarterly, 12 month and 18 month horizon for input into the supply and inventory planning team and financial teams.
Kerry Foods have excellent growth plans in place and this position will assist in driving the business forward. It is an exciting time to join the company and will give the right individual the opportunity to grow and develop their career.
- Communicate between the commercial stakeholders, supply and inventory planning teams to agree a total category forecast
- Assess the impact of targeted activity, mechanics and tracking versus agreed timelines
- Rigorous challenge of the Commercial teams to provide forecast accuracy
- Cleanse and tag historical sales data to produce a baseline demand profile
- Advise the commercial business on the allocation of constrained products as presented by the supply and inventory planning process
- Adhere to the agreed meeting schedule across the month to enable accurate customer demand forecasting
- Ensure demand plan forecast is inclusive of all NPD launches
- Provide root cause analysis of variation to performance targets
- Demand planning experience within an FMCG environment is essential
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail (professional, accurate and efficient way of working)
- Strong communication and presentation skills within and across business functions
- Prioritisation of workload and areas of focus based on impact assessment
- Identify key issues and trends and proactively develop a plan to address them
- Build relationships internally and externally (customer supply chain teams)
- Excellent influencing, challenging and negotiation skills both within and across business functional teams
- The ability to present, challenge and debate in a controlled manner
- Outstanding working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential
- Candidates are likely to be educated to degree level
- Recognised Supply Chain, Demand planning qualification is desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK