This job is no longer available
As a fast growing privately owned Chilled O/L & Partly Branded Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their product offering is highly extensive whilst offering chilled food products with providence and National/Regional heritage. As part of their continued dominance, they now wish to appoint a Customer/Trade Marketing Manager to one of their Key Business Units.
(The Role will be Part-Time- 3-4 Days Per Week)
Customer Facing Role across both Major Multiples and C&C/Wholesale Channel- In order to introduce the all important Brand Re-Launch and Affilated Trade Marketing strategy
The Person will “hold & manage” the Category/Marketing relationship with the Buyers within the Retail channel
In regard to this- the Person will be assisted in the any “new elements” of Commercial management from the Group Commercial Director
To help scope the long term Brand innovation strategies to define the Group- Category Development initiatives. In that, whilst the person will not be within a classical “Category Management” role, they will be looking at the next big thing within Food
To ensure Group- is seen as the Food Excellent and Quality Champion ‘Centre of Innovation’ for the Meal Solution and Components Category
To ensure that innovation strategies are agreed to be ‘commercial’ and in line with ‘business strategy’
To ensure the customers expectation is exceeded in all NPD and Food Value statements
- Innovate routes to market to achieve the business objectives within an agreed timescale.
- To lead, motivate and inspire peers to achieve personal development and continual improvement
- Manage focused development of new Brand Plans and upgrading standard products to deliver budgeted profit.
- Understand the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us jointly continually ahead of our competition.
- Present facts and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve effective communication across all functions.
- Embrace the principles of category management to gain a true understanding of the wants and needs of the consumer.
- Plans, organises and controls resources to deliver the Brand-Relaunch to market
- Ensures the viability of projects by working closely with all cross functional teams to deliver real commercial benefit and volume to the category
Is this for You?
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience within FMCG Customer/Trade Marketing and will already be operating within either Brand, Category or Possibly NPD, however they must have gained a Strong level of Customer Facing Experience. Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be at a slightly more Junior level, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. A "Branded" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial/Marketing Team.