Strategic Account Controller
Strategic Account Controller
Based: Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £ Competitive + Benefits
McCormick & Company, Inc., founded in Baltimore in 1889, is a global leader in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of spices, herbs, seasonings and other flavours to the entire food industry. Customers range from retail outlets and food service providers to food manufacturers. McCormick has in excess of 8,500 employees in the world and a turn-over of more than 3 billion in annual sales.
With Headquarters in Haddenham (UK), the Europe, Middle East and Africa Region (EMEA) is McCormick’s second-largest business, operating in 11 countries and employing 3,500 employees. The business has 6 Divisions; Consumer, Industrial, Operations & Supply Chain, Technical, Finance and HR.
The EMEA Industrial Division supplies seasoning blends and condiment sauces to a range of key customers across a number of European countries. The Industrial Division operates a customer intimacy strategy and focuses its efforts on providing innovation and a value-added proposition for our chosen customers, as well as manufacturing a number of iconic products to consistently high standards of quality.
Our Industrial Division currently has a requirement for an experienced Strategic Account Controller to support a key global customer. This role will lead the sales and profit budget for a strategic account and drive growth and customer intimacy in our European markets, reporting to our Commercial Director.
We are therefore looking for someone who has worked in the food industry with the following skills and experience:
• A high performer, educated to degree level
• Relevant sales and/or marketing experience with a history of increased responsibility and record of achieving successful results in large, complex, and multi-national food and/or beverage accounts or similar background in business-to-business industry
• Fundamental knowledge of business principle's and/or food science
• Proven experience of successfully influencing actions through others and the ability to lead cross-functional teams
• Experience of operating in a matrix environment
• Customer intimacy approach
• Good understanding of markets, products, processes, competitors, and customers
• Strong negotiation and communication skills with the ability to conduct price negotiations, solve problems and respond to quality issues.
• Experience of prioritising customer projects and business opportunities
• Strategic thinker and excellent relationship building skills, that include global networking
• Motivational leadership style
• Passion for achieving excellence and driving a performance culture
• Team player attributes
• Integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global brand leader.
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV with a covering letter by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.