This job is no longer available
Innovations Marketing Manager - FMCG - Food
We are currently seeking a high calibre Innovation Marketing Manager within the Marketing Function to lead the innovation programme for the United Biscuits Savoury Biscuits portfolio and the go ahead brand (sweet and savoury).
1. Develop Innovation workstreams and projects for the Savoury Biscuits and GA! brand from category growth areas identified by Innovation Marketing Controller
2. Develop and align innovation strategies by brand for the UBUK Savoury Biscuits portfolio and GA! brand
3. Be responsible for the delivery of the Savoury Biscuits and go ahead ! Brand innovation projects to market by leading cross functional teams to achieve this
4. Guide, motivate and develop direct report’s to become innovation specialists who are also able to deliver innovation projects to market
5. Be responsible for delivering a minimum of £5m new growth pa to the UBUK business from the Savoury Biscuits and go ahead ! Brand innovation NPD and EPD launches.
Key relationships include
: 1. Cross functional working with all areas of the business required to deliver NPD/EPD projects, must be able to lead, motivate and inspire groups with different goals and objectives - Brand marketing, customer marketing, category planning, commercial and factory finance, engineering, packaging, manufacturing, external design, communication and research agencies, research and insight team, corporate technical, strategic manufacturing, planning, logistics, procurement, P2M and 3rd party suppliers. Day to day project working and weekly project meetings
2. Strong levels of influence with the UBUK senior commercial team and UBUK board- weekly marketing and production meetings, monthly Innovation Forum.
3. Day to day contact within innovation team. Decision Making Authority 1. Responsible for making recommendations to senior marketing team for innovation projects for Savoury Biscuits brands which achieve overall innovation growth and objectives
4. Responsible for presenting solutions to issues raised within projects to UBUK cross functional senior teams to facilitate decision making.
5. Required to understand when to make decisions within day to day running of innovation projects and when to escalate these to senior teams for decision and action.
United Biscuits (UB) is a leading branded snacks business, producing some of the best known and loved sweet and savoury snacks. Our classic brands have been delighting consumers for generations and include such favourites as McVitie’s, Jacob’s, Carr’s, McCoy’s, Hula Hoops, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, Penguin, KP, Mini Cheddars, go ahead!, Verkade, Sultana, BN and Delacre.
You will be of graduate calibre, with a solid structured FMCG Marketing background, with proven success at delivering key innovations projects. Technical food experience is also desirable. You will have solid communication skills and have lead Innovations projects across business units at a strategic level, having taken the project through from scoping to final approval. There are excellent career development opportunities for the successful candidate.
The role is based from our head quarters in Hayes, Middlesex